Spring break is just around the corner. You’ve got your hotels booked, your trip is mapped out, you’ve planned to see every tourist trap along the way but have you prepared your vehicle?
Automobiles need to be in good shape before taking them on a long road trip. You could encounter different climate changes, elevation changes and differing weather conditions. All of these aspects can impact the performance of your vehicle. To make sure that your car can get you from here to there and everywhere in between take a look at these tips. Here are 5 things you should have a professional automotive technician take a look at before heading out on your next road trip.
- Make sure to have your oil changed and all your fluid levels checked. The last thing you want to do is have your car overheat in the middle of no where because your coolant levels were low. Don’t forget the windshield wiper fluid too!
- Get your vehicle’s brakes inspected. Brakes are one of the most important aspects of your car. If they fail then you will likely be in a car accident. Talk about a vacation killer! Get your brakes inspected.
- Have your tires looked over. Make sure they have plenty of tread and that there is no wire showing through. Be sure to have your tire pressures checked and talk to a qualified technician to determine if you should have a wheel alignment or tire rotation.
- Clean or replace your windshield wiper blades. There is nothing worse than squeaky, streaky windshield wiper blades. Sometimes, it’s a simple as having them cleaned; while other times they should be replaced.
- Inspect your headlights and taillights to make sure they are working properly. If they are foggy or clouding you may consider having them resurfaced. Resurfacing your headlights/taillights is an inexpensive way to extend the life of your headlight assembly. Also, by resurfacing your headlights it will enable you are able to see better on dark unfamiliar roads. Resurfacing your taillights will ensure other vehicles can see you.
This may seem like a lot of work to add on to your already long list of things to do to prepare for vacation. However, you don’t have to worry you can drop your vehicle off to Rackley’s Performance & Auto and we will take care of everything for you. By dropping off your vehicle with us you will ensure your vehicle is in tip top shape as you head off on your road trip. Call us today to schedule your “Vacation Inspection” where we will take care of all the items above and ensure your vehicle is ready for your vacation.
Remember, Sharing is Caring. Share this post to your Facebook Page to let your friends know how they should prepare their cars for Vacation as well.